This blog is for us to share favorite stories, pictures, memories, sweet thoughts, funny experiences ... For specifics on how to post, click HERE.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Submission by Brad - I Spent Saturday with Grandma & Grandpa C.

I spent Saturday with Mom and Dad. I arrived Saturday night and left Sunday morning. Mom got a neat walker that she can sit down on when she gets tired and I helped her do some exercises with it. There was an inversion going on in the valley so it was foggy and gloomy outside while I was there.


When I was getting ready to go on my mission, I worked at a place called Hatfield Wire and Cable. It was a company that made all kinds of insulated copper wire. At one point I was put on the graveyard shift and it wasn't fun. I would go to work at 11 pm and get home at 7am in the morning. Mom would stay up with me until I left for work and it meant a lot to me. She would make me a boloney, cheese, lettuce, and pickle sandwich which was my favorite. It wasn't a fun job. At one am in the morning when I ate my sandwich it was a nice little break from a very monotonous job. The place was huge and had forklift streets inside of the building that had stop signs and traffic signs. To stay awake some of the workers took illegal drugs so there was a narcotics agent that worked incognito  at the plant. The guys I worked with were scary. When I got home in the morning Mom would greet  me as I took off my coat and collapsed in my bed. I eventually got laid off which was a blessing to me. The price of copper dropped and the plant shut down for a time. Mom was with me when I drove to Wasatch Shadows Nursery and got a job for the last couple of months before I went on my mission. Thanks, Mom, for being there for me. I love you with all of my heart.    Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment