This blog is for us to share favorite stories, pictures, memories, sweet thoughts, funny experiences ... For specifics on how to post, click HERE.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Submission By Brad - An unexpected gift of love from my mom!


I was scared!  I was walking out on the tarmac to the plane that was going to take me away for two years. I was trying to act brave. I had just left the arms of my tearful parents and siblings. I sat down on the plane and desperately searched out the window to get a last look at my family. The plane pulled away from the terminal and I leaned back in the seat with my eyes closed and prayed to Father in Heaven to give me strength and courage. For some reason I reached down into the pocket of my suit coat and felt a paper that I hadn't noticed before. I pulled out the object and was immediately filled with courage and hope and happiness and joy. I have treasured this object my whole life and have shared it with very few. I carefully put it back in my pocket, looked out the window to see Salt Lake City disappear in the distance and with a tear and a smile and squared shoulders I laid my head back on the seat as the plane banked and headed for Japan.



Mom, I love you with all of my heart!    Brad






No comments:

Post a Comment