This blog is for us to share favorite stories, pictures, memories, sweet thoughts, funny experiences ... For specifics on how to post, click HERE.

Monday, November 7, 2011

I love Grandma! Post by Sierra

In this picture, Grandma saw how Azure put a piece of paper on their picture. The word-bubble from Grandma's mouth in the photo of her and Grandpa says something like, "Azure and Sierra are my favorite grandchildren!' (and a little bit more) (: 
A few months ago, me, Azure, and Grandma went to go and get Blizzards from Dairy Queen. Grandpa's blue stick-shift truck was parked in the drive-way, so Grandma decided to drive it. She had told us she haden't driven it for a while but she would be fine. We got into the truck and she tried turning on the car...but for some reason she couldn't get it to start. This was the beginning of our little adventure. As soon as she realized how to start it, we were off. We got to the stop-light and stopped. The light then turned green. The truck being as old as it is, did not want to go...well atleast very fast. Cars started honking and we started panicking. Grandma began saying "Let's go! Let's go!"with real emotion. Her head was down by the wheel and she was concentrated, while smiling of course, on getting us going. We laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed about that! (: We got to Dairy Queen safely, enjoyed our ice cream (the second day we had enjoyed it that week), and hoped that we would return home in one piece. ;) We did get home safely and laughed about it all that night. I cherish this memory with Grandma because we became closer and got to see the silly and youthful side of her. (Even though she always acts like she's our age..which I love!) I'll ALWAYS remember this and laugh about it often...in fact, I was laughing while I was writing this! (Az walked in and asked what I was laughing about, because I was actually laughing out loud!) (: I love you soooo much Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment