This blog is for us to share favorite stories, pictures, memories, sweet thoughts, funny experiences ... For specifics on how to post, click HERE.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I needed to talk to my Mom! By Brad

Photo taken today - Nov 6th, 2011

I remember when I was 15 years old I went on the National Jamboree to Farragut State Park Boy Scout facility up in Idaho. We were gone for 2 weeks and the first week was spent touring up through Montana and Southern Alberta.  I had never been away from home for so long and I got quite home sick. I was with Danny Jensen and the rest of the boys on the bus were rowdy and wild. When we got to the Jamboree there were tens of thousands of scouts there and as I wandered through the exhibits and activities I got this terrible pang of homesickness. I needed to talk to my Mom. I remember finding the phones. There were about 50 phones in a line and I couldn’t figure out how to call home.  I can’t remember if I didn’t have the correct change to get the phone going or what the problem was but I was distraught. Eventually I figured it out and when I finally heard your voice and talked to you I was relieved and then went on and finished the rest of the Jamboree with no problems. Looking back on that jamboree, that was my most poignant memory.
November 6, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment